Incremental and Differential Backup Get Too Many Files. Why?
Due to a slight difference in the way the Xsan filesystem works, the HFS+ btime (backup time) parameter is no longer applicable. This means that a default installation of the Agent on a system that will be the client involved with backing up the Xsan storage pool(s) may not process the appropriate files in the case of an Incremental or Differential backup.
To enable proper handling of Incremental or Differential backup operations on the Xsan volumes, do the following:
1. Open the BRU Server Agent Config application on the system that backs up the Xsan.
2. From the "b" icon in the menu bar, select "Agent Configuration...".
3. Enter your System Administrator password.
4. Enable the option for "System backup will include an Xsan Volume" by clicking on the check box.
5. Close the BRU Server Agent Config window.
The Agent system is now configured to properly see the Xsan volume and allow incremental or differential backups to properly see changed files for all future backups.