As of the release of BRU Server Agent 2.0.1 for Windows, this article has become obsolete and is therefore no longer required for any Agent installations utilizing the BRU Server 2.0.1 or higher Agent for Windows machines.
Windows Server 2003/2008 Agent Setup for BRU Server 2.0
The BRU Server Agent is supported on Windows Server 2003/2008, however, a simple change must be made on some systems to allow for the BRU Server Agent Configuration application to launch and run correctly. To setup the BRU Server Agent on Windows Server 2003/2008, follow these steps.
- Install the BRU Server Agent for Windows Server 2003/2008.
- After the installation is complete, the Windows system MUST be rebooted.
- Once the system has been rebooted, open the Control Panel.
- Inside the Control Panel, open the "System" control panel.
- On the left hand side of the window, select "Advanced System Settings."
- In the new window, under the "Advanced" tab, locate the "Performance" category and click the "Settings..." button.
- In the new window, select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.
- By default, DEP is enabled for all programs and services. Simply click the "Add..." button at the bottom.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\BRU Server Agent Configuration\.
- Select the "BRU Server Agent Config" icon and click "Open."
- Click the "Apply" button. You will be prompted to reboot the system in order for the changes to take effect. Click "OK" to close the prompt.
- Click the "OK" button on the next window.
- Close all windows and reboot the Windows Server 2008 system.
Once the system reboots, you will need to run the BRU Server Agent Config Tool as an Administrator in order to properly authenticate the Windows system to the BRU Server Server. The steps for this are the same as in Windows Vista and they can be found in KB Article #27.
If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support.