Browse KB by category:
Go to KB #:
I can install the Agent on a Windows Vista machine, but I can't back it up. Is Windows Vista supported by BRU Server?
Yes! Windows Vista is supported by BRU Server for both Mac OS X and Linux. However, the BRU Server Agent Configuration Tool needs to be set to run as an Administrator in order to allow the BRU Server Server to connect to the BRU Server Agent installed on Windows Vista.
To make sure that the BRU Server Agent Configuration Tool is set to run as Administrator, follow these steps:
1. Double-click on the My Computer icon on the Desktop or select Computer from the the Start menu.
2. Double-click on the Local Disk (C:) drive.
3. Double-click on the Program Files folder.
4. Double-click on the BRU Server Agent Configuration folder.
5. Right-click on BRU Server Agent Config and select Properties.
6. From the tabs at the top of the Properties window, select Compatibility.
7. Under the Privilege Level section, make sure there is a check in the check box next to "Run this program as an administrator."
8. Click OK
9. Double-click on the BRU Server Agent Config utility, make sure that you're an administrator, and authenticate the BRU Server Agent to the BRU Server Server. If you've already done this, you'll need to do it again since the settings that were used before have now changed.
You're done! BRU Server is now configured to allow connections from the BRU Server Server system to allow the backups to occur.
- UPDATE -
If "Run this program as an administrator" is grayed out for all applications then you need to turn Vista's UAC on. You can only change this option when UAC is on. Here is more info on this issue:
Once you enable UAC you may then select the option "run this program as an administrator" for the BRU Agent.
If you still experience problems, you need to then turn DEP (Data Execution Prevention) off of the BRU Agent. Once disabled, you should then be able to start the BRU Server Agent Config for Windows.
Please note that "Run as Administrator" must be turned on to allow for proper execution of the application in the future. Failure to do so will result in the "authorized_servers" file to be placed in the wrong location and BRU Server will not be able to run backups to the Vista system.
Powered by KnowledgebasePublisher