Happy New Year!
We've posted the next update to the BRU
Server 2.0 Console for OS X
, Windows, and Linux. This update is build 159. Because this build resolves issues with saving backup definitions, the update is recommended for all BRU Server
users using the GUI
Console. These changes ONLY affect the GUI Console.
You can check your build level in the About BRU Server dialog.
The new build is available on the normal BRU Server downloads page. If you a subscriber to the BRUServer-Announce mailing list, the direct link is in the announcement email.
Thanks for using BRU Server!
Issues resolved in this update include:
- Resolved an issue that could cause a Stack Overflow during a restore operation. The issue did not affect the actual restore, but the Console would crash.
- Monitored jobs that write to a library destination and require media replacement (all tapes in assigned destination are full) will now properly prompt you to replace the tapes in the library.
- Prompting for the first tape in the verify portion of a monitored job now properly prompts for the proper first tape when the verify pass begins.
- Resolved an issue that caused a crash if you were logged into one server system and selected New Login to change servers (for environments with multiple BRU Server servers).
- Resolved an issue on Windows XP and Vista that could leave orphaned cmd.exe processes running after the Console exited.
- Resolved an issue that caused paths displayed when monitoring a backup or restore of Windows files to only display the drive letter instead of the complete path.
- Resolved an issue that would cause the Console to crash if you deleted the last archive in the Archives table.
- Resolved an issue with Importing media where the imported archives would not appear until you exited and restarted the Console.
- Resolved an issue on Linux that resulted in the back-end helper tools and library not being properly installed.
- Resolved an issue that caused duplicated data being selected for restore if you performed multiple restores without exiting the Console between restores.
- Resolved an issue with keyboard access when changing selected job definitions in the Backup panel that caused the previously selected job to remain selected even though the new job was hi-lited.
- Resolved an issue in job definitions using standalone tape drives that caused the Eject flag to not be saved with the job.
- Resolved a Job Rename issue that left the old job name in the schedule if the renamed job had an existing schedule entry (did not affect non-scheduled jobs).
- Resolved an issue that caused a crash if you selected a job and chose to show the selections via the Ctrl-Click popup menu when a path in the selection exceeded 2048 characters.
- Resolved an issue in the Device Configuration for libraries. You may now select the cleaning slot from a library's available slots if your cleaning cartridge does not have a cleaning label (ID beginning with CL).
- Resolved an issue that could cause the base job for an incremental
job to default to the first full job in the popup menu list instead of the selected job.
- Resolved an issue that caused jobs assigned to specific users to be reassigned to "admin" if the job was edited after the initial save.
- Resolved a load issue that caused the last job (alphabetically sorted) assigned to a user to not show up in the job list if the user logged in to the server directly.
- Resolved an issue that caused the email address(es) to be left out of the job when you executed a job with "Run Now".
Announced: January 4, 2010